Wednesday, August 31, 2022

A setting in 4 images

So much time without coming around here! I must take some time to write in here again. Not dedicating myself to rpgs lately, I've become more and more absorbed in that gaming aspect by a local league of Premodern MTG (yeah I know, how could I fell for that?) but now the hype is controlled, I must be back on the tracks. As a warming excercise, I found out about this "trend" of describing a setting in 4 images and wanted to contribute with mine. Not sure on how would I do it, or if it could be done, even. But...


...I'd like to mix Evangelion (complete with angels, epic combat and comfy base-high school parts) with...


...medieval era instead of futuristic age. Not necessarily the "real middle ages" if that is even possible, just some castles, lances and horses. Pic related could be our "Shinji". The picture is called "Portrait of the young knight" and I like to think that it could even exist "in-setting", as a way that they have in Medieval Tokyo-3 to revere their teenage knights and saviors that fight against...


...this terrible monsters that threaten with a very imminent apocalypse that has a parallel relationship with the character's feelings, relationships and discovery of the world, during a seemingly endless unnatural summer. Still not sure on how they should be the only ones to be able to fight in equal conditions with the monsters, or how they are supposed to break their AT fields. The easiest answer is to make them rely on certain magical-special mounts, or some kind of impractical but magical anime swords that only them can wield effectivelly. Choose your favorite:


They also do the important role of adding some neon colors into the picture. Glowing weapons sometimes draw the seriousness out of many settings  (classic shit appearing in mmorpgs) but they kind of fit in here. But I guess that they should be as unique and as important in setting as the Evangelions are for the NERV. For closing, a meme that I just saw and I liked it a lot heheh.




No comments:

Post a Comment